Monday, December 3, 2012

Ride to Arivaca

The run of abnormal weather continues in Tucson.  Alas, alack, all good things must come to an end, probably on Monday.
Today we drove down to Amado and parked at the horns so we could ride to Arivaca.  The Longhorn has closed!  We are so sad to see this.  It was a great place to stop for a beer after the ride.

 
It was a good day.  We had very little wind going out to the coffee shop, and a tail wind on the way back.  That almost never happens.  The coffee shop has changed hands lately, and now is only open Friday through Monday.  Please make a note of it.  It would be sad to get all the way out there and find no food or coffee available.

 
This is the mountain range we see at the end of the ride back.

 

Over all it was a good day.  I was a little slow on the way out because I did not want to spike my heart rate. On the way back, the second diltiazem was making my heart stay slower than I liked. I think I'm going to half a couple that I carry with me to lighten the dosage.  I never saw more than 150 on the HRM, and given some of those hills that was a reasonable number, so I'm declaring today a victory.

These are lillies.  Are they not lovely? 


So that's all I have to report, maties.  If you're in the GPNW I hope you are high and dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment