Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Day Two of the RV Unload

I have to tell you, I knew this would be bad, but I did not think it would be this bad.  One of the really good points about the RV was the massive amount of storage; big closets, drawers everywhere.  Massive medicine chests (plural).  Over the years we filled it all up.  The house has way fewer drawers.  We’re going to get it all in, but it has been a struggle.

One of of larger boxes we have yet to unpack is full of baby clothes (his and mine, hand made with love), our parents’ wedding albums, black and white pictures of people we don’t know.  That box has been in storage since 2007.  What do we do with it?  This box is weighing on me.

Tomorrow is our last day of getting stuff out of the RV, there is still some cleaning to be done.  Before we left we ordered a wood cabinet with two adjustable shelves.  Jim picked it up and only got one shelf, so we have to go back so they can measure it and make another one.  It’s always something.

This was tonight.

IMG_5234

.

IMG_5240

Other than working like dogs, I have nothing interesting to report.

3 comments:

  1. I know its hard to part with items from our past and you don't need to until you feel its the right time. I went through all of those kinds of things and decided which were the most important to me and kept just three or four small items. 8 years later I have no regrets. Todd didn't want any of those items and I certainly can't take them with me. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to imagine a house having less storage than an RV. It will be an easier transition for us coming our small motorhome.
    You can always scan the photos then dispose of them, but keep the baby clothes since they probably don't take up too much space. I bet they are adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Had to laugh that you are giving up storage going from an RV to a house. Certainly would not be the case with us with our smaller RV. A house with real closets and a real kitchen is a true luxury, as we found when staying in an Airbnb house on our recent trip to NC. We hardly knew what to do with ourselves or all the counter space. Good luck settling in!

    ReplyDelete