Sunday, July 11, 2021

The Weather

Last night was exciting.  We had weather alerts on the cell phones for a dust storm, massive thunderstorms, high winds, hail and a possible tornado.  We got the dust storm and the thunderstorm.  I took this out the front door, it was dark at that time, and the lightning illuminated everything.  So, that was pretty cool.

We had two showings today, so we had to be out of the house.  We drove up to La Encantada, which is a very high zoot shopping area for the high zoot people who live up in the foot hills.  You can't read the top line, which is unfortunate.  They are selling Biotechnology Infused Plant Stem Cells.  I mean, really.
I don't even want to know what microneedling is, it sounds painful.  Well actually, so does dermaplaning.  It was a good way to kill some time.  We went to West Elm, Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and etc.  We didn't buy anything - we would have to pack it


So, this is our new existence - wandering the shopping areas while people look at the house.  Someone who came today got one of the doors to the laundry closet off its track, which was annoying.  Fortunately Jim is expert at putting it back. 

Other than this, I have zippity doo-dah all to say.
 

6 comments:

  1. Having people go through the house is- uncomfortable to say the least! At least you got to see what people with too much time and money do. I hope your house sells really fast and that there is a bidding war and you will come out of the desert smelling like roses. That first photo is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to go through that while I worked full time in my home office. I became the master of the "Throw, Stow, and Go!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to look up microneedling. Looks very painful.

    Good luck on a speedy sell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Biotechnology Infused Plant Stem Cells". what the hell is that and what do they do with it? I'll tell you what, it is far less painful, time consuming, and cheaper to just accept that we are organic beings that live, age, and die instead of trying to remain forever youthful looking. because 'looking' is all it gets you. the body is still old and failing.

    I hope your house sells quickly. seems like it might.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I'm so excited for you to be able to set up life again from scratch, discarding possessions that have become hangers on, arranging everything just as you want it. And in a cooler place! This anticipation of change must feel like a shot of adrenaline. My excitement for you makes me wonder if maybe I am subconsciously yearning for a real estate change. I am, of course, yearning to redo the whole darn apartment, but have to locate my ever elusive trust in contractors in order to get started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember vacating, over and over. I took the girls to the park and we played Hearts for an hour or so and went on home. Then we waited for an email from the realtor, and so on for six weeks.
    I admire you so quietly getting everything staged or packed and out in so little time.

    ReplyDelete