Monday, May 20, 2019

More From Tucson

It rained!  It's cool enough for long pants. And the wind is ferocious!  In May.  This weather has been so weird this year.  I really hope this is not the new normal, especially for the people in the middle of the country.  Their losses have just been devastating.  In news of the world, it appears that the president and his son in law were engaged in money laundering, but Deutsche Bank decided to sit on that knowledge.  Today their stock hit a new low.  Late Friday it was announced that there might be an additional 1,700 separated from their parents, it wasn't clear if anyone knows their whereabouts.  Justin Amash, a member of the Freedom caucus, is calling for impeachment, spurring furious tweets from the White House.

Did you watch Game of Thrones?  No?  Me either.  I'm too cheap to pay for HBO and my attention span is not long enough to remain fully immersed in these complicated tales of dragons and mystical powers and stuff.  I saw this on twitter this morning, and it was fairly amusing, even for a non-watcher.


We spotted a late blooming trichocereus next door.  No one is here to see it.  The house sold in April and the new owners will not be back until December.  They're from Wisconsin.


The agave flowers have not changed yet.
 

That's it - things are slow at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Really strange weather. Nothing happening here either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard rumblings of money laundering for the Russians during the campaign. it was ignored like all his other heinous doings. and so will be ignored now among all his heinous doings like adopting out migrant children. what I don't understand is why they want to keep the children, they are still latinos. this country almost escaped it's cruel past and now we're being dragged back into the mire. as for GoT, I guess after all the intrigue of those that survived, no one else really wanted the throne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pretty much missed the news today. Except financials were ordered turned over. And those of us who care are left with just our voices and yelling from the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About GoT, I agree! This final season was massively disappointing for me. I'd love a do over that centered Ayra more and brought her face to face with Cersei at the end. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete