Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Walking With Sticks Again

It rained like heck very early this morning, Jim heard it, I slept through it.  Then the sun came out, the wind came up and it was pretty cold.  Yes, I know, cold is a relative term. 

It was 52F when we left for an invigorating hike.  We both wore cycling undershirts, the 3/4 zip stand up collar capilene shirts, with a button up hiking shirt on top.  Pants were the Ex Officios and Columbias.  I wore the ear bra the entire time, Jim did not.  We got a little warm climbing up when we were out of the wind, but when the sun went behind a cloud we were good. 

The day was glorious.  There were a lot of people on the trail, we left from the Iris Dewhirst trailhead again.  It's close, and I think we'll see a lot of it this year.  Here are photos.

That's running water down there.




Here is the same wash with water in it, as seen from higher up.



There are people at the top.


We're still somewhat tired.  Jim's chest and head are finally clearing out.  I did not know a human could be that full of mucus.  Over all I think we're both at 90 or 95% recovered.

Later:  Google sent me a panorama it decided to make.  Thanks Google.


 

8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better and can enjoy those magnificent surroundings, up, down and all around. I'm used to cacti being huge; good you included people in a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smarty pants! Getting out of WA when the weather is incredibly icky. You tow have all of the good ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful there! I'm glad you're both nearly back to 100%. I'm happy with our Western WA weather lately. Some rain--but also blue sky or partly sunny. And crisp but not cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! Happy to hear you are both feeling better. Enjoy your walks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when Google messes with my photos. Some people find it obnoxious but I think it's fun. Glad you're both feeling better. That's a pretty rugged looking trail!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Glad you're both feeling better and back to hiking.

    ReplyDelete