Sunday, January 8, 2023

The Waffle House Reference

I was not aware of this until recently, but apparently fighting in Waffle Houses in the US has become a thing.  It's hard to tell how frequently it happens, but judging by the search results on youtube, if you type in Waffle House, or if you search on twitter for Waffle House Wendy, it happens.  That's the source of the title for the picture of Mike Rogers being restrained on the House floor that I posted yesterday.  

There was a recent brawl, during which a chair was thrown and the employee, Wendy, caught it with one hand.  So that's where we are as a nation, I guess.  

So, CLICK HERE for footage of the chair catch.  It's pretty impressive.


6 comments:

  1. Holy cwap, Andy. I'd be leaving that line of employment, toot sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fucking hell. That woman that caught the chair and just batted it out of the way, she's my new hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't want to tangle with her. I'm surprised she didn't leap the counter and take out the thrower.

    ReplyDelete

  4. Amazing catch! I've never been to a Waffle House, so my question is: what kind of clientele eats there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, don't mess with her! I have eaten at the Waffle house in our go to the doctor town. It is ok as far as plain food goes, but I usually call it the Awful House. Looks like I was right!

    ReplyDelete