Thursday, November 3, 2022

Walking and Painting

Well, fall is definitely no longer glorious.  I don't think we've seen the sun in three days.  Who can remember?  The talking weather heads were all up in their hair predicting 50 mph winds, snow, rain, locusts - and then the forecast changed and the winds and rain diminished, and snow is out of the forecast.  I just checked and the low for Nov. 8 is now forecast to be 4F (-15.55C).  This seems unlikely to me because the surrounding days are not that cold.  Who knows.  The Seattle area was a more complex area to predict weather because of the convergence zone, high winds coming up through Enumclaw and other geographical features, but they got it right more often than they do here, which I think is odd.

Today was another walk up the big hill.  We left at 12:30 or so, it was 38F at the start, and 40F when we finished.  There were thick clouds, breezes, and it felt pretty dang cold.

I wore a cycling undershirt, my Bjarne Riss CMC cycling team fleece, the fleeced black pants, and a rain jacket to cut the wind.  My choice of fashion gloves (cute but not that warm) was unfortunate, my finger tips were cold.  Over all I think the Carhartt gloves and a round neck long sleeved capilene would have been a better choice for the temperature.  I wore the Home Depot fleece hat.

Jim wore a cycling undershirt, his REI 3/4 zip fleece, the fleeced black pants, and the brown REI rain jacket to cut the wind.  He also wore fashion gloves, and regretted that decision.   Jim wore the light blue turtle fur hat.

The weather has been cloudy and too cold to ride.  We're back in the basement sweating to Kaleigh Cohen spin classes, rowing, and lifting weights.  It's interesting how the basement is freezing cold in the summer, and it's warm in the winter.  All of the heat vents are closed downstairs, but it's still warm.  Since we're in the house, what is there to do except paint?  We've gotten the primary bathroom done.  It looks so much better now that the dings are filled and the makeup stains are covered up.  Here is us, hard at work.


We're both wearing head lights because the halogen lights are too hot for such a small space.  Note the horrendous looking painting pants.  There is one room left to do and then we are done.

The turkeys have been back.  There was a huge crowd of them yesterday.  They are perceptive enough to see us through the windows and run away when I point my camera at them.  They're such weird looking animals.


The orange dumpster fire is doing one of his deranged cult rallies in Iowa tonight. The Judge he attacked like a maniac on Truth Social the other day just appointed a monitor for his entire company. This could be his most unhinged rally ever.  A couple of weeks ago he'd set up a new corporation in Delaware with the intention of transferring all of his current assets there.  Now he can't do that.  He is thwarted.  On twitter, Bryan Taylor Cohen reports "Marjorie Taylor Greene just got the Trump rally crowd to boo Paul Pelosi. In case you were wondering where the Republican Party is in 2022."

Speaking of Mr. Pelosi, he went home from the hospital today.  

That's it!  That's all I've got.

7 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Paul Pelosi is on the mend.
    Headlights are a great idea for painting, whatever your other light source, to focus on where you are working..fewer missed bits!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never have thought to use a headlight while painting, great idea!
    I don't pray and can't vote (Canadian here) but I sure am hoping for a blue wave to crush the GOP next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, no matter what the heads are predicting - you have pretty trees and shrubs there. And turkeys - just walking down the street! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fall certainly looks glorious where you are if that first image is any indication. Red leaves. Gorgeous. I am so impressed by you both, the way you stay active, making sure the body knows how to keep making all the movements, like climbing ladders in dim light, and painting walls. I think if I had taken a few pages from your book, I'd be a lot less creaky now. Thanks, as always for succinct news update.You always hit the most relevant notes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the turkey sightings taking place. I may have to retell our turkey adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turkeys are weird-looking and yet somehow lovable. I guess that's how Benjamin Franklin felt about them too. Love the pic of the colorful trees and shrubs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glorious foliage there! Ours was pretty nice this fall and is now mostly gone, but it was lovely while it lasted. You have more energy than me for painting. I keep looking around our NEW house and wishing I'd chosen different paint colors for a couple of rooms, but will I get up on a ladder and change it? Nah!

    ReplyDelete