Tuesday, November 8, 2022

November 8, 2022 - Up the Hill Again

Back up the hill today.  There was snow that was kind of crisp on the trail, it squeaked against our boots and did not compress too much.  Last year we both bought Merrel Thermochills.  They're insulated boots, water proof and my feet like them.  Having my feet like something is a major accomplishment.   I bought wides because that's what was available, and that was good because there is room for the cushioned Smart Wool socks.  


The lacing system is good, too.  There is no struggle to get them on or off.

We left about noon-ish, 31F, bright sunshine and virtually no air movement.

Me: Cycling undershirt, 3/4 zip capilene, fleeced pants, medium weight polar fleece jacket, gaiters, Smart Wool socks, the above mentioned Thermochills, Carhartt gloves, and the Home Depot polar fleece watch cap.  My feet were actually warm.  My fingers were cold, I think I need better gloves.

Jim:  Cycling undershirt, 3/4 zip capilene, fleeced pants, medium weight polar fleece jacket, gaiters, Darn Tough wool socks, the above mentioned Thermochills, Carhartt gloves, and the Home Depot polar fleece watch cap.  Jim was very comfortable.  

Here is the always lovely big rock at the top of the hill.


I can not even look at the early guessing about who has won what in the mid-terms.  I did see that it's looking like the Democrats lost the House, but will keep the Senate.  It's early days, so maybe not.  Marjorie Taylor Greene beat Marcus Flowers, so we have two more years of listening to her bull shit.  He was a long shot, but it would have been so nice to have her gone.  It looks like Rubio beat Val Demings, who was a much better candidate.  Florida and their choice of candidates is a complete mystery to me. 

And on that happy note, that's all for now.

6 comments:

  1. Sad to say, but I imagine Marjorie Taylor Greene really DOES represent her constituency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest I don't understand a lot of choices for politicians on both sides of the border. At least Boebert lost her seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, she did not. (I am very behind on blog reading). Her opponent just conceded; however, it looks like there may well be an automatic recount, and perhaps, just perhaps, a miracle will occur.

      Delete
  3. The boots looke good and warm. How are they on ice? It's the ice that scares me now, almost as much as the GOP scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not a blowout for the GOP at least. I'm still befuddled as to what voters see some/many of those candidates. Herschel Walker? Come on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this election came out better than expected. Keep your fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete