Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Two More Years

Things were going good yesterday.  The evil Kari Lake lost her run for governor of Arizona.  Adiran Fontes won Secretary of State, which was excellent because the republican candidate, Mark Finchem, is a lunatic.  The AG race is still being won by a Democrat, but it's really really close.  Then this happened.


WAPO pulled no punches in their wording. This was the best description so far.  Rupert Murdoch has told the orange man-baby he will not support him in another run for president.   Apparently he means it.  Murdoch, in addition to owning Fox News, the propaganda arm of the republican party, owns the New York Post, and this is now they covered man-baby's announcement last night.

I love that he's relegated to page 26.  By all reports the speech at Mar a Lardo was dreadful.  He was listless, his speech was all stuff we've heard before.  People wanted to leave before man baby was done, but security would not let them out of the room.  Technically, that's kidnapping, but it does say something about the badness of the address.  Even better, three of his top donors are abandoning him.

Today was gruesome.  When we left for the walk up the hill it was 31F with very thick cloud cover, zero sun, and it felt really cold.  I sort of felt like this.

Me: Cycling undershirt, 3/4 zip capilene, fleeced pants, medium weight polar fleece jacket, gaiters, Smart Wool socks, Thermochill boots, the Home Depot polar fleece watch cap with an ear bra underneath it.  I also wore my mittens with my new Merino glove liners, which I really like, with hand warmers in the mittens.  Eight out of 10 digits were warm.  The thumbs could not partake in the hand warmers.  They're really cool, take them out of the package, give them a shake and they get hot. 

Jim wore his version of what I wore, but with his new Dakine gloves from the snow boarding store.  I also have new 686 gloves which came with the Merino liners. They're good, but mittens with hand warmers are better.

Last night the neighbors put out a lighted deer Christmas decoration. They've already got lights up on the house, the crab apple tree and now the deer is there.  This morning, a neighborhood deer was checking it out.

I doubt that any of you followed, or cared about, the wedding of Tiffany Trump.  However, this was amusing.

CLICK HERE and you can play the GIF of Ivanka cropping the photo.  It reminds me of Monty Python animation.

So, we have two more years of the man-baby doing his schtick.  I, for one, am really tired of his voice.  It would be nice if AG Garland could complete what ever it is he's doing, and indict man baby for something - anything.

The republicans just officially took the House.  It feels like a blow to the stomach.  We knew it would happen, but it's here now.  Two years of lunatic republicans, doing nothing except performative bull shit.

Then there was this:  BREAKING: Glenn Youngkin introduces a new proposed K-5 history curriculum, completely REMOVING all mention of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.  (Youngkin is the governor of Virginia and is also a lunatic.)


8 comments:

  1. Breaking News.....Trump is an idiot!

    The GIF of Ivanka cropping the photo was worth it though:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has done it to avoid federal investigation..however any criminal investigation on him or his business interests will still go on....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, as Gwynneth said, I think Trump's "candidacy" is mostly about raising money and protecting his legal interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS -- LOVE the NY Post front page! That's awesome. I usually hate their editorial positions but they DO have a sense of humor.

      Delete
  4. Murdoch is done with Trump. And you can keep the snow. I like it...in pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't in the least bit surprised at the announcement, and howled at the "Florida Man makes announcement". I do wonder how Murdoch will keep Tucker Carlson from promoting IQ45. He's got such hard on for him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Florida Man Makes Announcement" is the best headline EVER. Someone has an excellent sense of humor! LMAO! And the wedding photo crop is hilarious too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog `- I must have missed your comment last month about my boot jump - it's super useful bt of van-camping kit. I can't say I have much love for Murdoch's News Corp - but I have even less for Mr Trump! Sadly UK politics is just as debased by populists these days - I'm fine with disagreement and difference, but the conduct of politicians these days leave me in despair.

    ReplyDelete