Wednesday, November 9, 2022

A Good Election Result

It's still too early to tell if the Democrats will keep the House and Senate.  It's going to be a squeaker.  I'm really hoping that they at least keep the Senate so Biden can continue to appoint judges.  Maybe even a Supreme Court justice.  

Pennsylvania Democrats did well this time around.  They have the majority in the state house and the first woman Majority Leader.  CLICK HERE to play this video which has been around since Roe v Wade was overturned.  In addition to being a lawyer, Joanna McClinton is a pastor and she can preach.  I am really happy for her and for Pennsylvania.


Here is an interesting factoid. 88% of evangelical Christians voted for Herschel Walker, not Reverend Warnock, the candidate who has devoted his adult life to Jesus Christ.  It's inexplicable to me that the race is this close.  It may end up that keeping the Senate depends on the results of the run-off.  Send money if you can.

AZ has a large population that votes by mail.  They don't start processing the ballots until the polls close.  Signature verification takes time, so counting will take time.  I think Katie Hobbs will probably be the next governor, but it's too close to be comfortable.  Kari Lake would just be awful if she won. 

That's it - that's all I've got, other than bated breath.

8 comments:

  1. "But the biggest winner yesterday was democracy. "

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better than I hoped for but there were still so many who voted for the crazies. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's astonishing to me that Herschel Walker did so well. Perhaps it illustrates the kind of blind faith that some religious people seem to cultivate! Overall they're promising results but I'll really be over the moon if Lake and Boebert lose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just imagine how things would go if there was no gerrymandering happening. I suspect the results would be even more positive for the Democrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Astounding that Walker got so many votes. But they said it, they wouldn't care if he was a gibbering idiot (and very nearly is), they just want the power. As long as the person has a R they would vote for a drooling ex-con with Tourettes. And I thought we were shed of Boebert, and may still be, but last I looked she had pulled ahead. Good news from Michigan, democrat mayor, Sec of State, and flipped the state congress to democrat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I not surprised the Fundies voted for a philandering Athlete whose own Children call him a Liar, than for a devoted Man of God? I'm so proud of your State voting in the right direction. Here in AZ we are keeping all Body parts crossed that Kelly and Hobbs Win, but it shouldn't be as close as it is since the Republicans nominated a couple of Extremist 45 Acolytes to run against good solid people that clearly are more qualified and sane to do the job at hand. AZ has a larger Independent base than a Republican or Democrat base, but outside of the major Cities, the Cult following is pretty large and they are very likely to turn out and vote when they're radicalized Voters for any cause, no matter how unraveled it is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I've been holding my breath all week long and have finally let it out with a big sigh. So far Hobbs is still ahead but the other races have come out pretty well. Those statistics in the Warnock/Walker race are unbelievable until I recall the people who think DJT is the second coming. It's amazing how people can get that messed up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge sigh of relief, as it could have been so much worse. My state, NC, didn't do so well; I was so hoping for (and contributing to) Cheri Beasley, but it was not to be. Still, some states showed some semblance of sanity. I guess there really are more of "us" than "them". Thank the gods.

    ReplyDelete