Saturday, November 5, 2022

Once Again Up the Hill

There was wind last night, but not the 60 mph that had been projected.  Eight thousand Avista users were out of power this morning, we were not one of them, for which we were very grateful.

This morning was full of bright sunshine and was still pretty windy.  There was a walk up the hill.  We left at 12:50, 47F and windy, with a cold air mass.

Me:  Denim ball cap with ear bra, stand up collar capilene, cycling undershirt, black fleeced pants, green REI jacket with the lining, and glove liners.  My hands were cold as well as my head.  

Jim:  Denim ball cap with ear bra, stand up collar capilene, cycling undershirt, black fleeced pants, brown REI jacket without lining, and Carhartt glove liners.  Jim was perfectly clothed. 

The peonies were flattened yesterday by the very wet snow we got.  They used to stand upright.


The hood after snow, rain and wind.


Nothing much is shaking here.  Twitter continues to descend into chaos.  Musk is saying that if you don't pay $8 a month for a "payment verified" account, your tweets will be relegated to the bottom of the stack.  Most of his previous advertisers have bailed, so we'll see what happens with this scheme to make money.  The whole thing just pisses me off, I really enjoyed my bubble in twitter, and I don't want to have to learn Mastadon or any of the other small platforms.  Twitter was good because it was just stump stupid easy to use.  I will particularly miss med-twitter and the epidemiologists.

5 comments:

  1. The hood is lovely after the storm, peonies notwithstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far I haven't seen any real changes to my twitter feed but I use it mostly to stay informed on the political scene. I have no intention of giving a billionaire $8 a month. Some commenters have complained about Mastodon, that it takes days to open an account. I haven't looked at it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deleted my account, didn't really use it anyway and I found it satisfying as a screw you to Elon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the snow disappeared quickly.
    I'm staying on Twitter, for now at least. Musk is definitely taking a beating - he may have to change his tune somewhat to keep the platform up and running.
    If you haven't seen it, Valerie Bertinelli (@wolfiesmom) has changed her name to Elon Musk and is busily retweeting Democrats. So far she hasn't been shut down, though a lot of others have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Twitter never quite caught on for me; I guess now I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete