Wednesday, October 23, 2013

And the Lame Shall Walk

What, you wonder, am I doing here?  Why, I am walking without crutches! Yay!!!!  I can now move about the RV without the sticks tying up my hands.  It's really nice to be able to carry things around by myself.  Interestingly, rolling from heel to toe doesn't hurt, but I still can't leave my foot down too long because it accumulates tissue juice and swells.

 
Later we had an outing to Target.  They have the mobility carts for the disabled.  I became a hazard to navigation with my crutches sticking out of the basket.  One turn up an aisle took out a Q-tips display, but other than that no one was whacked in the head.

 
Here are Jim and Justin.  I took this sitting in the cart, hence the odd angle.  Justin is Jim's son.

 
Then we went to Trader Joe's and I crutch-walked through the store.  That was major.  We're feeling better about things.  Hopefully after Monday there will be no more gauze and Ace bandages on the foot.  After awhile it gets really old and your skin hurts.

2 comments: