Saturday, May 23, 2020

Doldrums and Bloodlines

I spent most of the week in the doldrums.  When we bought the house we never intended to spend summers here.  When we sold the RV, that was still the plan.  There were places we wanted to see that did not lend themselves to getting there in a 41 foot long motor home towing a pickup truck. Then the plague came and now we are in the beautifully air conditioned house and I personally am going stir crazy.  Summer wouldn't be so bad if the pool were open, or if we felt safe going to the gym or if we could just go shopping now and then.  You know, stroll and fondle the merchandise.  However, we are where we are until there is a vaccine.  Despite the orange man's magical thinking, I am not holding my breath for this to happen.

Part of my doldrums is being tired.  This house is going in down the street.  The street curves to the extent that we can see into that yard, and clearly hear the hammering, the crew talking and the head banger music.  I swear they were playing Slayer one day.  Anyway, they start at 6:00 and there is no escaping the noise where they're on site.  It's going to be a long summer.



The agave in the neighbor's yard has opened up its blossoms some more.


The amount of energy they expend on this is pretty phenomenal.


This is a really cool house on a cul de sac at the other end of the neighborhood.  I love the orange sun sail in the court yard and how the orange blooming plant hanging over the wall matches it.  The shiny metal gate is really good looking.  Over on the right there is a mimosa tree.  That is the first one I have seen in Tucson.  Who ever did their landscaping did a really good job of it.



I took this last night with my 200 mm lens on my Panasonic Lumix.  Because I am so lazy, I did not dig my tripod out of the closet.  I think it turned out pretty well for being hand held.  The phone informs me that the lowest brightest object in the sky is Venus.  The one to the left, and the one at the top of frame on the right (look closely) are a mystery to me.



Last Thursday, the orange man visited the Ford facility in Michigan where they are making ventilators.  Despite being told that masks were required in the plant, he put his on briefly, and then took it off.  He said he didn't want the press to see him wearing one.  If he would model better behavior, perhaps more people would be wearing the masks and slowing the spread.  But noooooo.  Then he addressed the factory workers.  One of his opening statements was about the "good bloodlines" of Henry Ford.  If you missed the video, you can see it here.


Henry Ford owned a newspaper.  He used it to publish hate and vitriol about Jewish people.  He went on to write the "International Jew", which purported to discuss the way the banking industry was controlled by Jewish people.  Hitler was very fond of him, as Henry was of Hitler.  Here is a picture of Ford receiving the Grand Cross award, the highest honor Germany could bestow on a non-German.


This is dog whistle speaking.  The orange one is signalling the white supremicists that he's on board with their agendas of hate and exclusion.  We should expect better of the chief representative of the government.  He never disappoints.



6 comments:

  1. That agave is fabulous. I've never seen one blooming up close. The second star is Mercury. It's in a horse race with venus and the moon for the next couple of nights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so..... a new house with your own pool on the horizon for you? Another RV perhaps? Or just venting your pent up frustration

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny you should mention the construction noise down the street. I've noticed a lot of noise where I live that I had never noticed before. I had no idea that the landscapers were here twice a week with their "blowing machines" and when they aren't here, they are at the complex next door doing the same thing. I never noticed that before I was forced to stay home so much. I was planning on going to London and Belgium around September but obviously, that's not going to happen. I'm one who likes to travel....a lot. This stay at home business is driving me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your construction noise experience is one of the reasons we couldn't handle Mexico, ultimately. There is always, always construction noise! Once the building is done, there is always renovation! And with concrete construction, that is noisy, even without music. One of our worst experiences in our last rental house in the Yucatan was waking up at 1:30 am to men pounding on concrete one house over. This continued for one hour, right next to our bedroom. Unlike in the US, you just can't call the police in the middle of the night and report something like this. So, I truly do feel for you. If the heat and monsoons don't get you this summer, there's always the construction noise! I think a lot of folks are having to change their summer plans...at least those of us who care about our health and the health of others. So many Covidiots out there, it boggles the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does get tiresome always being at home. With a new RV though, you'd be taking 'home' with you and can still see much of what there is to see in relative safety.

    ReplyDelete