Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rain Here and Rain There

I guess we should never let it be known that we're planning a bike ride.  It rained off and on all day.  Enough! Enough with the raining.  Make it stop...........
This is a poppy field near Harrisburg.  They plant them every year and they're just beautiful.  It's kind of a terrible picture because it was so dark.


The Lions were grilling chicken.  When we came down the street we thought it was a fire, but it was just the chickens.  They were creating quite the traffic jam, they got a good turn out.  You have to love small town America. 


The skies were unsettled all day.


Much of downtown Eugene looks like this.  I've never seen urban trees like this.  They're huge!


We did some mall walking and some parking lot walking when it wasn't raining.  My left foot is bothering me.  It actually hurts pretty much.  I'm wondering if maybe planking isn't such a good idea, since it makes you get up on your toes.  Maybe I'll try planking one footed. 
I checked the weather in Vienna and Prague.  It's raining.  Rain is predicted for the day we arrive.   I hate riding in the rain.  That area has just had terrible weather lately, Bosnia had 100 year flooding, and Sarajevo is under water.  It has been gruesome.  So, we're thinking about rain today.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty flowers! Fingers crossed your entire trip isn't full of rain...Perhaps you should do a little non-rain dance before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on the rain thing. We have showers in the forecast almost every day here in PA. It is really getting old!! We took our first bike ride today because there actually wasn't rain in the forecast...surprise!

    Your flowers are still gorgeous even with the dark skies:)

    ReplyDelete