Friday, July 12, 2013

Shoes

Did you all watch today's stage (13) of the TdF?  It was a barn burner.  We could not tear our eyes away from it.  For what should have been a boring transitional stage, it was not.   Anyway, after sitting around watching events unfold, it was pretty late in the day for a ride, so we did the killer 5 mile walk.  It's killer because it's a) 5 miles, and b) there is about a mile of a 12% climb.
Many years ago, I bought a pair of La Sportiva Imogene trail running shoes.  I liked them so much that when I realized they had been discontinued, I got on the internet and bought 5 more pairs of them.  Tomorrow is the day I have been dreading, when I bring out the last pair.  After that, I do not know what I will be putting on my feet.  Long time readers will know that I have the feet from hell.  Low volume, bony narrow feet, with missing fat pads on the right foot and metatarsalgia in the left foot.  Buying shoes is not a trivial exercise for me.


I have just completed the acquisition of a new pair of hiking shoes. After buying and returning three pairs of Lowas and one pair of Garmonts, I finally found a winner in the clearance bin at Marmot in Bellevue.  That never happens!  I never get to buy shoes on sale.
Anyway, we've been busy buying and returning shoes, riding, and walking.  When we're not traveling, blogging becomes difficult.  You can tell, since I am talking about buying shoes.
This was taken several years ago.  It's a water bird on a decomposing dock on Lake Sammamish.  It's one of my favorite photos.

 
Other than this pitiful accounting of our recent activities, I have zippity doo-dah all to report.

1 comment:

  1. it is a nice photo :) glad that you found a pair of hiking boots you are happy with, I know how hard it is for you. I feel the same way about my walking shoes. At least (knock on wood) they continue to make my style, but I am always looking for an older version that is cheaper on some of the liquidation sites. I just pulled out my last pair to start breaking them in.
    I have actually started posting on my blog, nothing much, but getting back into the swing of things :)

    ReplyDelete