Monday, February 14, 2011

Continuing Plague in the Desert

It's been a long week - oh wait, it's only Monday. Oh wait, I'm retired, I can't complain about my weeks. Well, yes, yes I can.
The plague continues. Last night I kept myself awake with a nose whistle. How lame is that? My sinuses are full of goo, breathing is difficult and noisy. We're entering week three of this, it's tiresome.
Jim and I rode with friends Sunday, and it was good. We went up Gates Pass (east side) and I stayed in my middle chain ring up until the 3 killer hills. That was a good ride for me.
Today was just pitiful. We were going out to Fantasy Island to ride, we got there and I was just overwhelmed at the thought of putting on my shoes. When a person is too tired to put on their shoes, a person should not be riding. So, home we went.
We're shopping for a new camera to take to Germany this spring. Who has heard of the new camera format, the micro four thirds camera? They have a good size sensor in them, not as big as an APS-C, but biggish, and they have interchangeable lenses. On the downside, those lenses are not inexpensive. But they're lighter than a DSLR. But they're actually more expensive than a DSLR at Costco. But they're lighter. But they're expensive. But they're lighter than a DSLR, and certain people who shall remain nameless (Jim!) won't sign on to carry the DSLR for me. Augh! What to do, what to do. I ordered up a Panasonic Lumix DCM-G2 today, but I'm pretty sure it's going back. Too much money.
We can hear the coyotes howling in the distance. I love that sound.
So, other than the fact than I can not clear my sinuses, things are good here in the desert. It hit 80 degrees today. Woot!

1 comment:

  1. If your body can't fight off the infection, you might need an antibiotic. They do have their uses even if they're over used.

    ReplyDelete