Monday, October 23, 2023

Inflation, Coffins and Perfidy

Ho hum.  Same republican disarray, different day.  However, first I would like to discuss prices.  I keep reading that inflation is down to 3%.  I wonder how this number is calculated.  The antihistamine eye drops I used to buy at Target doubled in price for no apparent reason.  Then there is this at Safeway.

These jars of preserves used to be $3.89, and we complained about the price back then.  Now they want $9 for 15 ounces of preserves.  Costco has a 2lb 10oz jar of strawberry spread for $11 that tastes better with less sugar.  Safeway has just gotten stupid expensive.


Thirty dollars for a mediocre fruit cake.  Feh, I will forego fruit cake at these prices.


I saw this on twitter the other day.  It's interesting.

Here is a link to the annual Crawford Coffin Race.  It's a big tourist attraction, and people dress for it with clothing and coffins.  There is a youtube as well.  I guess this is how small towns generate tourist dollars.  Speaking of small towns that rely on tourist dollars, Sedona has had enough.

The republicans now have nine nominees for speaker.  There's more red (no) than green here.  None of these people are non-lunatics.


Finally there is this.  My PBM for Plan D has informed me that they do not cover anything Covid related.  Apparently Part B Medicare will cover Paxlovid for awhile, and then it won't. Please make a note of this.

It's good to be an oligarch.


7 comments:

  1. And my local grocery (Heinan's, an upscale, Sedona worthy store) is sold out of Bonne Maman cherry preserves by week's end, when I shop. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your preserves are $5.99 at Safeway down here. Just had to look it up. I think a coffin race could be fun to watch. Certainly different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greed is human , I guess. I have had trouble commenting on your posts. Hope this makes it through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I concur, Safeway prices have gone through the roof. I don't like to, but have been buying more from Walmart and watching for sales at our local Co-op.
    The coffin races sound like fun. A little creepy, but fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what billionaires do with all that money. I mean how many yachts, jets, and mega-mansions does one person need. rhetorical question. they don't do anything with it, they hoard it.

    judging by the number of green votes it would seem that Emmer is the best of a bad lot but still bad. they kowtowed to Trump and now are paying the price for whatever benefit they thought it would bring. and since ll it bought them was chaos, they blame the democrats.

    those preserves are $3 less at the HEB here. as for fruitcake, I wouldn't take it if it was free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm catching up on Blog Reading, I too noticed how prices have often doubled on items that I wonder how many people are paying attention to the astronomical increases? Even most Dollar Stores now charge $1.25 per item, which is significant increase percentage wise. Wages certainly have not kept pace, nor pensions, so, inflation is way more than they're pretending it is, 3% my ass. As for any ReTrumplican being a Non-Lunatic now, doesn't exist, all who were True Conservatives either left the Party voluntarily and now are Independents or were kicked out.

    ReplyDelete