Thursday, July 13, 2017

Hit and Run (not us) and a Rabbit

People are so interesting.  A motorist hit a bicyclist on the Natchez Trace.  The Trace is a 444 mile road that goes through three states.  It’s a bike route and riders are allowed to take the full lane.  The friend of the man who was hit was wearing a Go-Pro, so the case is pretty much open and shut.  The motorist’s statement just floored me.
An arrest affidavit signed Sunday stated that Neely claimed a man and woman were standing in the roadway and threw a bicycle at his vehicle.
A GoPro video taken by a riding partner, however, shows a black SUV striking the cyclist while the two are riding side-by-side.
“When the police came and asked me what happened, I said, ‘I don’t know.’ There was a guy there maybe and I remember he was standing there and I said maybe he threw his bike at me,” Neely told the newspaper Monday.

Really?  Somebody threw their bike at a car? 

I spoke too soon on the lack of rabbits in the RV park.  We still have at least one.  I noticed that when he crosses the open spaces he’s running, fast.

IMG_8149

This morning we had a 7:40 check in for Jim’s MRI.  It’s only 16 miles, but it takes the better part of an hour to get there.  It’s not helped by the fact that they’re putting in a new building, and the parking lot is strewn with construction equipment.  So, it was an early get up.  Tomorrow we see the family doc who hopefully will have the report from this morning.

I walked about three miles this afternoon, partly on the road with dump trucks.  It’s very exciting to see them coming down the road at me.  So far, no damage.  Jim’s having a bad day, so he did not go.  That’s it – that’s all I have to report.



2 comments:

  1. Such a great photo. What kind of camera? I can't take a photo of anything moving or still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Canon Elph 310 HS. It's a great camera, point it and push button. Done!

      Delete