Wednesday, June 6, 2012

First Mountain Bike Ride in Bend

Beautiful day today.  The mountains were out.  We took the mountain bikes out and rode from Phil's trailhead.  The trails are pretty good shape.  This is what we saw on the way out to the ride.

 
It was about 55 degrees when we started riding.  Note to self, that's vest and arm warmer (max) weather.  We did a 6.5 mile climb, and then a 7 mile descent.  Early down hill I was tentative through the rocks and corners, but towards the end was doing much better.  My climbing was better than I thought it would be, given the time off the bike.
There are no riding pictures because my camera battery died right after taking the photo above.
People are so interesting.  There's a Class A across the way from us.  There's a man and a woman, their toddler daughter, an infant of indeterminate gender, and a Bernese Mountain Dog.   Every morning, Dad takes off with his mountain bike and the car and goes riding for about 4 hours.  Mom stays in the RV with the kids and the dog.  I can not conceive of traveling with that much dog hair.  I have to wonder how she feels about the division of labor.  But, we don't ask these questions.
Other than that, I have not much to report.

1 comment:

  1. It has an extended frame and forward pedaling which make it an exceptionally comfortable cruiser for taller people.


    bicycle

    ReplyDelete