Tuesday, December 21, 2010

25 Years!

Yesterday we had to get up early. This is a sunrise. I can't remember the last time we saw one. It was very lovely.

Today we dropped off the road bikes at Arizona Bike Experts for new chains. They're a really good shop, and of course they have a really good shop dog. That's Spenser. Is he cute or what?

We took the mountain bikes out to Fantasy Island. I rode very well. Today I did both sections of the Elbow Slammer and was able to ride all the way out of another wash that has been difficult for me. I did not run into the tree I usually hit and I did the creepy wash in both directions. All in all I only had one unplanned putting the foot down, which is very good.
This is what we saw at the end of the Bunny Trail just after you get to the western fence line. He would be a Western Diamondback Rattlesnake. He wasn't moving very fast, he was probably cold. He was right where we needed to ride. Jim lobbed a few rocks in his direction, and eventually he moseyed off the trail.

This is a better picture from the web. They just creep me out.

So, in addition to having a nice ride with my beloved, we also celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary. It's been a good quarter of a century with my best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment