Tuesday, April 14, 2020

We Found Toilet Paper and We Are Very Happy About That

Well!  We got toilet paper today.  We went out to both the Fry's and Safeway at Rita Ranch, which is about a 25 mile drive (one way).  Sadly, we missed the toilet paper at Fry's by half an hour.  They also did not have boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  So it was off to Safeway.  Zero paper products of any sort., but they did have the boneless, skinless chicken thighs.  So, we got chicken, lots of chicken.  Nothing can go into the freezer until something comes out.

On the way home, at Jim's suggestion, we decided to stop at the local dollar store.  On Nextdoor yesterday someone posted they were getting two trucks, both with TP.  I figured it would all be gone, but no!  There was an entire wall of it!  I went in and got a pack of 32 rolls.  Jim drove to another parking lot, walked back and got 32 more.  That probably makes us hoarders.  The store was great, one out, one in, controlled by a security guard.  I am now a believer in dollar stores.

So that is my excitement for today.  We're tired, we were up at 6:15 in the morning.  We are too old for these early start times.


11 comments:

  1. Score! Now if only those Lysol kitchen wipes would show up somewhere. Maybe I should check to dollar store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still good for another month with tp so I hope by then I can find some. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what we are doing for food and supplies used to be called foraging. I went to my grocery store today, which carries no paper products, only healthy food. Through the front door, straight ahead was a display of TP. Limit, one pack of 24 per customer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 64 toilet rolls and you're not even in lockdown!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You're in the money! You can probably sell those rolls for a fortune! LOL
    Our Safeway always has a little TP, only because they limit people to one package. I never thought of going to the Dollar Store, although that's a far drive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we bought a 12 pack end of February maybe before people started the TP hoarding thing. we've used a little over half. if you figure one roll per week for two people, you have over a years worth of toilet paper. I wouldn't know where to put it. I suppose I could have put it in the cabinets above the shower that I had taken out when we remodeled the bathroom. oh wait. I have cabinets in the kitchen that I can't reach without a step stool and are consequently empty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tip on the dollar stores.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Well, you are definitely stocked up at this point. I was happy when I got 8 rolls at the supermarket this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Years ago, I had a philosophy that we can't be rich in everything but we could in some things-- which meant lots of toilet paper on hand. My son said that when this began he had always thought I was paranoid on it but now saw it as good. Anyway, it saw us through this unless it goes on another month lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. We haven't seen toilet paper in over two weeks in the stores but do have an unopened 12-pack in the closet which will be opened in the next couple of days. If, as the commenter above stated, we use a roll a week, that should last us several months, so I feel better. Surely by god, there will be tp back in the stores on a consistent basis by then. Right!?

    ReplyDelete