Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Riding and Lizards

Yesterday's pickup at Safeway was good.  We got all but one thing we ordered (low sodium soy sauce), and the vegetables looked good.  I was not happy that the package of chicken was in the same bag as the vegetables, but over all it's still better than going in the store.

At 6:30 this morning, I was awakened by a noise I could not identify.  First I thought street sweeper? but dismissed it.  I was hearing concrete trucks loading the concrete pumper down the street.  These things are just amazing to me, how they can pump concrete up that high.  They were pouring the slab on a new house that's being built.  


This is the same Palo Verde as in yesterday's post.  It's kind of pretty.  This is top of the the first hill we ride up, and there is usually a brief rest while we gasp for air.  We were up and out early to ride again this morning.  In addition to not liking to get up early, I don't like how long it makes the day. 


We saw this later, this is how roof mounted air conditioners are installed.


This lizard was on the wall by the driveway.  He's really pretty.  I was able to get fairly close to him.  It's too bad that shadow was where it was.


I'm sure you've read the stories about goats running lose in Wales, pelicans on the move in London and etc.  This was the best photo yet. 

That's it!  That's all I've got.

7 comments:

  1. Construction equipment is awesome. Lizard is, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, both lizards are astounding. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last picture would certainly take peoples minds off Covid 19 if Nessie made and appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lizard is gorgeous! I've never been able to get close enough to get a good picture before they disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  5. did the crane really need to be fully extended with that long ass line of the unit to get it in place? the lizard is very handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool lizard. As for Nessie - I'm sure the locals are used to seeing her and giving a wave from the window!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that lizard! (The one you saw, not the Scottish one. :) ) Do you know what kind it is?

    ReplyDelete