Saturday, April 11, 2020

How to Correctly and Safely Remove Gloves

Here is my Public Service Announcement for today.  It's a youtube on how to correctly remove gloves.  Getting the gloves off correctly is a big deal.  I learned it when I was working in toxicology and microbiology labs and really did not want to pick up bad things.  My learning was later reinforced by dumping the black tank on the RV.  The youtube is here.  

The weather is miserable today.  Cold and raining.  It's the middle of April!  We should be perishing from the heat by now.  I'm pretty sure this winter will tie last winter for worst on record.  If it doesn't tie, it will be a very close second.  We spent some time vacuuming and steaming the tile floors.  It's obvious how much time we're spending in the house by how dirty the kitchen floor was. Here is water departing our downspout.


That's it - that's all I've got.  I'm going to go put on a sweatshirt now.  This is just sad.

5 comments:

  1. It's not a pretty spring here, either. We even had snow this week, along with a lot of that runny stuff from downspouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how to do that when I was a river guide and we had to take advanced wilderness first aid. the first weekend was learning things we could do to help an injured/sick person. the second weekend was learning to do things like relocate a shoulder, set a bone, stabilize seriously injured people, and understanding when someone would die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has seemed cooler here too but we've had Easter snow twice at our Tucson house in the 20 years we've lived here. Of course, it didn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a LOT of rain we got!!! And cold ..... brrrrrrr. I just keep wondering when SPRING will really arrive!! Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turned cold here in TX also. This morning I started with sweatpants, changed to shorts (positive thinking), 5 minutes later changed back to sweatpants!

    ReplyDelete