Tuesday, March 15, 2011

End of Season Happy Hour & Allison Suffers Allergies

It's the Ides of March. Can you believe that the month is half over? The ranks are getting thin at Rincon West. Dave and Marilyn hosted the end of cycling season happy hour at their park model. It was very pleasant. This is Marilyn. Click on her picture and look at the middle three beads on the necklace. Those are glass beads made by one of the women in the park. They are really pretty.

This is Jim and Dave (Marilyn's spousal unit). I took this last year.

More of the group. We were sitting in Marilyn and Dave's carport.

Driving back to the RV. I had to leave early because talking makes me cough and my throat hurts.

I mentioned a week or so ago that I'm coughing again. After suffering and whinging about it for a week and a half I went to an urgent care on Sunday morning. It's not an illness this time, it's allergies. The sore throat and coughing are due to nasal drainage irritating the living snot out of the back of my throat. I can not believe how bad I feel. I feel like I should apologize to everyone I know with allergies because I was not sympathetic to their plight. I can only say, I didn't know! So I'm now full of antihistamines and Advair. None of these compounds are helping my bicycling one little bit. We rode Fantasy Island today, and it was HOT and I was totally pathetic. We're going to get up earlier tomorrow. A fellow sufferer advises that I should take the Claritin at night and that it'll take 10 to 14 days to get used to the Advair. So we shall see.

Still looking for the perfect shoe and foot bed combination for walking in Germany, still haven't found it yet. My New Balance shoes are going back, they're making hot spots on the tops of my feet. Jim has not one, but TWO perfect pairs of shoes. He has better foot karma.

We have nothing else to report from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment