Friday, February 2, 2024

The Weather!

Yesterday the wind was howling.  All day - howling!  Last night it rained like heck.  We're getting the first storm that hit California.  Today it has rained like heck off and on with wind.  Then there was hail.  I was outside caramelizing onions when the hail came - it made pretty impressive noise on the carport roof. 


We went to Costco yesterday and bought five pounds of cheese ($13).  The shredded cheese we've been buying (8 oz, $5) has taken to going off very quickly, and it doesn't taste as good anymore.  We also bought a new laptop for me.  I think the hinge on my current on is broken.  When I carry it open, the screen jiggles a lot.  We're going to have to work up the courage to do a shut down and close it and see what happens.  The new lap top is Windows 11.  I was really hoping to die of old age before upgrading. Laptops don't seem to be as robust as they once were.  Our work PCs ran forever.

I think the link I have for Picasa is still viable, so I'm happy about that. 

By this point, it should be obvious that I have zippity doo-dah all to talk about, so I guess I'll call it quits on this post.


7 comments:

  1. Like you, I hope to die before I have Windows 11 foisted on me. I'm using a five or six year old PC; it has a stripe down the screen and takes too long to fire up, but I know it and love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have 10 and my laptop keeps pushing me to upgrade. It's been nothing but a sh*t show when I've done that in the past, so I'm holding off. Hope the weather improves. Sunny and warm here in WA--which isn't normal and we need mountain snow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using Windows 11 and so far I've had no real issues. However, I'm not very tech savvy so I probably only scratch the surface.
    The onions look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to upgrade to 11 and, other than not being able to find the camera photos I upload (download? - I'm not tech savvy either!), I'm doing OK with it. I hate change!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't work on Laptops so I rely heavily on my PC, which was upgraded and I Hope never to have to replace it either, tho' I do keep wearing Keyboards out, you can't read any of the Letters and Numbers on it and I've worn grooves in the Plastic... ha ha ha. We got the Cali Storms too and it was bad and is still inclement, lots of Flooding and too much Water all at once. The Desert needs the Water now, but, stagger those Storms and it would be more beneficial and less catastrophic each time. I had Sandbagged in advance so we were okay, but it stalled me on getting stuff done outside or in The Garage Mahal. If I get these Dreadlocks drenched later in the Day, there is no drying them out before Bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new laptop is exciting! I'm going to need one in a year or (hopefully) two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. we've been getting a lot of rain, rained all night Friday night but no hail thankfully. sunny today. I hate having to get a new computer trying to get it all to migrate and then learning a new OS although Apple makes it pretty easy.

    ReplyDelete