Tuesday, November 23, 2021

November 23, 2021

Next November, when I'm wondering if it snowed this early the previous year, I will have a historical record.  Yes, it did.  The real estate agent who helped us buy this house, Jamie DeHaven, brought us a pie today.  She brought pie to many people, she's really nice.  Anyway, Jim asked her if fog would be frequent in the winter and the answer to that was yes, as well.  So, snow and fog will be on tap.

This is what we saw this morning.  Apparently it snowed much of the night.  It's been off and on all day.


The agave that came with us from Tucson is enjoying his time under the grow lights.  Another petal has unfurled.  We may keep him in the house all of the time, that new pot is so heavy we're afraid to try lifting it.  Dropping him would be very bad.


That's it!  That's all I've got.


10 comments:

  1. Snow is pretty and I like it for a day, possibly two. But not all winter--which is why I live on the west side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the trees will provide some wind shelter even when it does snow.
    That is a fine specimen, worth looking after!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow, snow, glorious snow - NOT. But I must admit I do like to see pictures of it. In the house if a good place for a desert plant. He's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The two photos are so different, the snow versus the desert succulent.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't envy you the snow though I'd like it if the temps would stay in the 60's. Today - 80 degs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the way I like snow...in pictures. You are welcome to it and the fog. You could get a little hand truck to move the agave outdoors in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad the agave is doing well! Did you process that snow photo to make it look black and white, or did the snow really conceal all the color so effectively?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is processed. It almost looked B&W so I gave it a little help.

      Delete
  8. No snow here in NC (well, maybe up in the higher mountains), but it's crazy cold -- 23 this morning. It's been an unusually cool November, with only a few warm and lovely afternoons. I suspect this early winter will portend an early spring as well, and that is fine with me. Your agave looks great. Nice to have a taste of the desert in Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Of all my blogging friends, this is the first photo of snow of the season and three of them are from Canada. Maybe they just haven't posted snow shots yet.
    Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete