Saturday, November 14, 2020

Clouds and Twitter Humor

In the world of politics, the orange wombat continues to lose in court.  At least one of his legal teams has quit, deciding they would rather not lie in court to a judge.  The million-magat march was today, crowd estimates were between 5,000 and 6,000 attendees (Update: Park Service says 11,666).  Masks were not worn, old people were there watching, and so we expect another spike in two weeks.  You just can not fix stupid.

This past week we've had more clouds than usual.  The first was taken out of the side window of the Jeep, so there is some reflection.



Alabama has sent Tommy Tuberville to the senate.  He defeated Doug Jones, a very qualified candidate and excellent lawyer.  Here is a tweet demonstrating Senator Tuberville's grasp of civics.

And for all of you grammar nerds, there is this.  The "dildo collector" is a reference to the sex shop adjacent to Four Seasons Total Landscaping, where Rudy had his recent press conference.


That's it!  That's all I've got.  It's the weekend, so we can't go anywhere.  Blog fodder is scarce.


9 comments:

  1. As someone who loves a good comma debate (and also am aware of my propensity to "over comma,") I absolutely loved this Oxford comma comment. I spent way more time than I would like to admit laying out the two scenarios (with and without comma) in my mind. LOL! Glad to see I was not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cloud pictures. Is it January 20th yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That last one is hilarious. A comma can make a big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11,666. 666! at least they got that right. anyway, a far cry from the million they claimed would show up. I've been taking cloud pictures for a post when my mind is blank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those last two photos are amazing. Such interesting clouds. I didn't see anything similar up here. I loved your phrase "you just can not fix stupid". Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely skies in AZ. I wonder who those people will blame if/when they get sick with COVID.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a big fan of the Oxford comma, this made me laugh big. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rudy Giuliani eats shoots and leaves! Love it!

    ReplyDelete