Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Weather

Sunday we hiked - and were sprinkled upon.  It was really hard to tell what the weather was going to do so we cut it short.  It was not a great hiking weather day.  Later the skies cleared out some due to the winds that were blowing.  I got this picture of the moon.

There were atmospheric looking clouds.

It's always nice when the bottoms of the clouds light up.


Tuesday the winds were up all day as the ridge of high pressure collapsed.  We rode anyway, it was good that the hills were all with a tail wind and the downhills were into the wind. 

Last night it dropped to 38 degrees.  We have a completely new air mass that is cold.  We talked about hiking today, but it was windy with a high of 59.  After suffering through the hottest August and September on record, 59 feels cold.  This is supposed to be a La Nina winter so we're hoping it will be better than the last two.  2018-2019 was the worst winter ever, and 2019-2020 was a very close second worst winter ever.  We're due for a good one.

So, at present I am wearing long pants in the house and my nose is cold.  This is just sad.  OK!  That's the end of the weather whining.
 

8 comments:

  1. 38 is cold. Colder than here, at 48. And I have more clothes than I can discuss, plus a space heater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw all the hard freeze warnings down your way. We are in the 40s at night and didn't get the wind which is nice. But I can't believe we are headed back to the 90s next week. This is crazy. Love that moon picture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cold here too. out high for the day is the same, 59. right now it windy and a little rainy. and yeah, 59 is cold. the house temp has been dropping. last time I looked it was 65.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long pants and cold nose here too! We must be in the 40s F here, and the wind and the dampness makes it feel worse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm glad you're getting some "fresh" weather. Better than heat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has been very chilly the last three days and it's way too soon to be this cold. I hate going from 100 to 50 in the span of 24 hours. I hear we will warm up again and I'm looking forward to it. A nice 85 would be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We've had a couple of coolish days but - oh joy - we're back to summer now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just started our first really chilly weather of the season here in NC. Inside the house was 68F earlier today, and I was freezing! We had 80+ highs just a few days ago, so this is a real shock. Going down to 34, I believe it is, tonight. I am a cold weather wimp for sure. But I also can't stand intense heat. Just keep it somewhere in the middle, thankyew.

    ReplyDelete