Friday, July 10, 2020

Pandemic and Clouds

There is nothing much of note here, other than an out of control pandemic, spiraling numbers of people going into the hospitals and nowhere to put the dead.  Tucson had been shipping patients to Phoenix due to a lack of beds here.  I don't know where that stands now.




Dr. Fauci has not spoken to the orange man for two months.  Orange recently disparaged him by saying he had made many mistakes.  CDC has refused to change their guidance on opening schools, despite the VP saying that he didn't want draconian rules discouraging schools from opening.  It will be interesting to see if Dr. Fauci or Dr. Redfield get fired.

HHS seems to be taking on the role of the punisher when CDC is saying something the administration doesn't like.


Last night the orange man called in to the Hannity program to bleat with joy about how he had aced a cognitive test.  We've seen that test, you have to identify a camel and an elephant, draw a clock and remember a string of words and numbers.  This is really not something to celebrate.


The rally in New Hampshire was cancelled, due to a lack of interest.  People were not signing up, so they pulled the plug.  More time for golf!

It tried to rain last night - and failed.  We could smell the rain but it was not falling on us.  There were some nice clouds.


I'm pretty sure that's virga out in the distance.  It's rain that doesn't make it to the ground because it evaporates.


We have another flower spike going up, which is good for the birds.  The one on the left has been there for quite awhile, and I expect it to fall over any day. The doves will miss it, they congregate on the branches.  Usually they can get along.  The Oriole has been known to drive everybody off and hog the whole thing.  The light had a really weird yellowish cast.


I finally quit procrastinating and finished the taxes today.  We took them to the post office to get them on their way and out of my sight.  Everyone was masked, one woman had her nose exposed and wasn't distancing, but over all people were behaving well.

Depending on whose weather forecast you believe, Tucson will be 111 or as high as 114 on Sunday.  Phoenix, which is about 1,000 feet lower, will be hotter.  I saw 117 somewhere, I'm hoping that is not true.  It's humid-ish, but nothing like Texas of Florida, for which I am very grateful.

8 comments:

  1. If you expect a refund you might want to refile your tax return online. my sister filed hers early and never got her refund. when she tried to find out what was going on the only answer she could get was that there was no information of her tax return. apparently it's because all the IRS offices are closed and people are working at home. they can deal with the returns filed online but those that got/get mailed end up sitting in the mail room unopened.

    the heat is oppressive here with the high humidity. I even refused to walk the dog today, not even to the end of the street and back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never get refunds, so the envelope sitting in a mail room somewhere is good with me.

      Delete
  2. Just when I think he can't sink any lower, he does. People up here aren't good about wearing masks. So we are avoiding them as much as possible. But I am really glad we aren't in AJ in that heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, I read the NH rally was cancelled due to hurricane rains, or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now my phone says they are expecting 115 today and 116 tomorrow. It will be another day of trying to find things to occupy my time inside.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trump doesn't seem to realize they only give cognitive tests to people who seem to need it. You have such dramatic skies. Stay well, dears. I did my taxes this week, too. Under the wire, both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think people in New Hampshire are more sensible than Republicans in other parts of the country. They may not go for Trump and his BS.

    Must be a relief to have those taxes done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh - your heat brings back hot summer days in Phoenix. I don't miss that dry heat.

    ReplyDelete