Monday, July 13, 2020

Clouds and Coyotes

After it quit raining last night we had some pretty clouds.  It was also unbelievably hot.  Usually when it rains like that the temperature drops, but not yesterday.  I guess it's global climate change.

This is looking west, you can see lower puffy clouds with the sun on them, darker rain clouds foreground and virga to the right.


I like this photo because you can see the demarcation of where rain is falling and where it is not.


Eventually there was some color in the sky.


The camera on my cell phone is really terrible, my camera is very old.  How old is it?  It can't run GPS anymore because the operating system has not been updated in five years.  How sad is that?  It gives you an idea of how much I hate buying cell phones.  Anyway, these are terrible pictures, but I didn't want the coyote to bolt and run before I could get Jim's phone.  We were out on the bikes veeeerryy early.

The coyote is digging, the ground is damp and cool from last night.


Now he's rolling.  He ended up on his back with his feet in the air, but my phone mangled that shot.


Today the orange man had another one of those meetings where they go around the table and everyone says why they are so happy to be in the presence of such majesty.  Afterwards, orange addressed the press in his normal, jovial demeanor.  And then he said this about testing.  If you want to listen to the footage, to make sure I'm not making this up, go here.  I think this has to be one of the most deranged things he has said.  Although later in his speaking, he did say that he had created the oil industry.  That was interesting.


Jim and I went to the grocery store this afternoon.  Two people in the store were not masked, the rest were.  We're noticing that people will wait for other people to clear the area they want to be in.  No one was hovering by my elbow in the produce department.

4 comments:

  1. Interestingly, cities here in Ohio are backing the governor on his mask order. Police forces are saying they will cite public nuisance if a business owner calls about a non masked customer. On the other hand, the unbelievers are holding Covid19 parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment about being "happy to be in the presence of such majesty" made my laugh out loud. That is so true. The even sadder thing is that they do it. Love seeing the coyote and the clouds. Still no monsoon cloud build-up in this area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always thought Trump was simply an idiot with narcissistic personality disorder. But maybe he's genuinely losing his mind?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honest to god - I can't even listen to the man talk - just aggravates me!

    ReplyDelete