Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Photos of Hoarding

We were at Safeway and Target today.  Safeway was very entertaining.  They had put all of the toilet paper on sale.  All of the Charmin was gone.  Much of the Cottonelle and Scott tp was still on the shelves.  I guess people don't like those brands.  We don't like them, either, but it may come to that.

Then it was on to Target.  Here is the toilet paper aisle.


All that was left was these few four packs of really terrible house brand tp.  They're probably gone by now.


So that's it!  This is how it looks in Tucson.

7 comments:

  1. It beats me why people panic buy because when you go to do your normal shop everything's gone, and why toilet paper? If you have to self isolate how much more of it will you need over and above your normal usage. Compared to the deaths caused by an annual flu bug so far Corona deaths are low. World Panic or what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It just seems ridiculous to me. Maybe people only buy four rolls at a time for their family of eight. Who knows!! You would think they would buy something they could actually EAT if they were going to be locked up for awhile!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. unbelievable. how much toilet paper can a person use! and just for the record, Scott is my preferred brand. I read an article but don't know if it was a spoof or real about a guy who interviewed people in stores that had carts full of toilet paper asking them why and the responses were basically, I don't know and because everybody else is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep same at Costco and Fry's in Prescott.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Makes very little sense to me; do people think they're going to be locked inside for months? I guess it could come to that, but they will run out of food before they are unable to wipe their asses. Silly, silly people. I am beginning to wonder which is the third-world country; Mexico, where I live and where no hoarding is occurring (at least not yet) or the US? Never thought I'd see the day this would happen in the States.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeesh! I don't think we've stocked up here. Maybe we should?! (This is why there's nothing on the shelves, people thinking like me.)

    ReplyDelete