Saturday, June 1, 2019

Objects in Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear

Yee hah!  It's hot. We've hit the "sitting in a convection oven" stage.  One of the reasons we're still here is that we wanted to see just how hot it was in June.  The neighbors told us June was the worst since July and August have monsoon to take the edge off.  I can report that it's really hot.  It's also windy, generally in June the winds have died down.


We're supposed to leave the morning of June 14.  It's looming large in my consciousness.  We're going to Utah prior to Issaquah.  We haven't loaded the wagons since 2007 when we left North Carolina in the travel trailer.  It's mentally taxing, how much stuff do we need for four months, or five maybe?  How many climates will we encounter?  How much stuff will we forget?  Before we can go anywhere we have to have six new tires installed, the Hydro Hot serviced, the RV washed and get all of the antifreeze out of the pipes.  I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed, it'll be better after we have tires.  Then we can get the bus on power and the air conditioners on.  There is also time required for closing up the house.  And it's going to be really hot for all of it.  It's time to start making lists.

I have pictures.  Here is the always lovely Oriole in a palm  tree.


 Doves on the flower spike.


This is the palm tree in the front.  It's blooming.



Tomorrow we can park the truck in the garage and get water on the driveway. The bougainvillea will be getting another bath to remove dust and dirt from its leaves. He'll probably enjoy that very much.

Later.... does it look hot, or what?

5 comments:

  1. Hiya, I just popped over from Tom's blog. To answer your question, yes, it does look hot. The Oriole is a beautiful bird. I don't think we have them in California, but don't quote me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly the amount of stress required before getting on the road. I wish it would get better. You just have to assume the "whatever" position!! Don't let them kid you, I spent June, July AND August in Arizona. It was hot and then humid, all the way up to September!! But no where have I seen such amazing thunderstorms ... worth every drop of sweat!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's hot here though not as hot as there...yet. it will be in August though. but at least it cools down at night. we don't get that. the lowest temp for the upcoming week is 72˚. with humidity, always with humidity, high humidity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not long after we moved to Phoenix, one of my secretaries came into my office complaining about the humidity brought about by the monsoon. Being from the TX gulf coast, I laughed hysterically. Really? 30-40% that's dry by our standards. Just wait until its 90%!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel your pain. We are very hot down here in the Yucatan as well...it hit 100 today! And we have humidity. But we do have a small pool, and the afternoon sea breeze always brings the temp down to a more manageable level after it hits the day's high around 1-2pm. Good luck getting on the road -- sounds like a monumental task, but I know the two of you are up for it.

    ReplyDelete