Monday, February 3, 2014

Superbowl Wildlife

Sunday was, of course, the Superbowl. Rose and John hosted a party that was a lot of fun.  There were significant amounts of food available for hours of noshing.  I had to force myself to move away from the popcorn and the chips.  Rose and John bought a really cool house last year.  Their backyard is excellent for the viewing of birds.

These are Goldfinches.



I believe this is a Costa's Hummingbird.  It was an overcast day, so there wasn't enough sun to make his iridescence light up.


This is his tree, where he likes to sit.  I could not get a decent picture of him.  Tiny cameras don't have view finders anymore, and without wearing my reading glasses, I can't tell what the camera is focusing on.  I generally just point in the general direction of the subject, take a lot of photos and hope one is good.


This is purloined from the internet.


A rabbit down by the wash.


There was a pretty good sunset, as well.


It was fun and surprising.  When we lived in Seattle, the Seahawks were a terrible team.  To see them win the Superbowl was just surreal.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely critters :) I didn't get to see any critters. Jim said he saw a dead armadillo as we can towards Austin. I missed it. oh well.

    ReplyDelete