Tuesday, December 24, 2013

First Mountain Bike Ride Post Surgery and Post Plague

We went out to Fantasy Island today to ride the mountain bikes.  It was good.  My foot was very happy in the shoe.  Riding over rocks and standing on the pedals riding over more rocks was not painful at all.  My fitness level is still sad, my cold has not totally departed, and it makes me tired. 
Someone has attached a stuffed bear to the post at the entrance.  Some horrible person has cut open the bear's stomach.  Who would do such a thing?

 
Last year, there was an enormous pile of dirt at the western side of the island.  We guessed it was due to road construction on Houghton. 

 
This is the pile as it looks today.  All gone.

 
Here is Jim standing over his bike, looking very festive in his red jersey.

 
Here are the two of us in our festive red helmets.

 
It was a good day.  I think we're going to go back tomorrow and see if I can do some more mileage than we did today. 

3 comments:

  1. Glad your foot felt OK on the bike. I'll bet there is many a day in the winter in Tucson when the mountain bike feels warmer than a road bike!

    I did Fantasy Island with a Tucson friend a couple years ago. It seemed like a good use for that patch of land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for you! Another forward step in recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you got to go mountain biking! That poor little bear -- I agree, who would do that?

    ReplyDelete