Friday, June 30, 2023

Lake and Costco

Hola!  I have a question for those of you who grow tomatoes.  How do you know when it's time to pick?  I have one that's pretty red, but it's also very hard.  So, leave it on the plant or bring it in and put it on the counter until it softens up?  This is new territory for me.

We rode to the lake this morning - early.  It's currently 92, which is not as hot as many places, but hot enough.  Here is the lake.  There were very few people there.

The same can not be said for Costco today.  Today's key learning is never go there on the Friday before a holiday.  The fourth is on Tuesday, but many people will take Monday off, and party hearty.  I no longer celebrate the fourth because this country pisses me off too much.  Here is Costco.  We went because I wanted to pick up a prescription before they reshelved it.


So, let me know about the tomato.

3 comments:

  1. I actually pick my tomatoes green and allow them to ripen in the house. However, that is due to our short growing season here, and the tomatoes rarely have time to ripen on the vine. You certainly can pick it now and allow it to continue it's ripening process indoors. Enjoy!
    Costco is always a sh*t show here, regardless of the time of day. We only have the one and it seems that everyone else wants to shop at the same time I do. When they opened during the pandemic, they actually offered a full hour just for seniors early in the morning. I didn't notice any difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't grow or eat tomatoes (need to be cooked into a sauce or something) so I have no idea when to pick.

    I gave up my Costco membership. It's not too obnoxious in the summer but in winter you can't find a place to park.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very red tomatoes I would pick. I prefer them on the firm side, but if you have any doubts, put them in a closed up paper bag for a day or so.

    ReplyDelete