Saturday, May 20, 2023

More Rabbit and No Response

The rabbit is back in the window well.  I guess this will be a daily occurrence.  He was moving fast this morning when I was throwing the towel over him.  When he's trapped under the towel, I push it around him until he's restrained.  Then it was back to under the big trees.  We saw him on the edge of the grass eating later, so he's still alive.

We're pretty sure it's the same rabbit, with an inability to learn.  Note the black spot on the top of his head.  Or it could be a coincidence.


Here is a photo of a maple that has been viciously and incorrectly pruned by the previous owners.  We try not to prune anything so it has enough leaves on it to stay alive.  It does look more sparse this year than last.


Thus far, Shingrex is a non-event for me.  Jim is slightly more affected, but not much.  I suffered more with the Pneumovax and Prevnar 13.  I asked the pharmacist yesterday, and she said if you had those two, you don't need the Prevnar 23 that is currently being advertised on US television.

So, either I have lucked out, or this has happened to me as a result of having Covid, and I am unable to mount an immune response.  There's really no way to find out, or do anything about it, so we are where we are.



It's going to be 91F (32.8C) today.  91!

8 comments:

  1. That appears to be a Japanese red maple, and while they do not become huge trees they are reasonably big, and should be planted further from a house than it appears that one is. Perhaps that is the reason for the unreasonable haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That wee rabbit is cute - I do hope it learns its lesson.
    Yikes, the fact that we lose t-cells with Covid is frightening as it has the potential of future health issues. That is not something I was aware of, and I do wonder at those folks who have had it numerous times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the red maple looks alright to me so obviously I can't tell how it was badly pruned. poor little bunny. can you put up a temporary little fence around the window well to prevent it from falling in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and that's kind of scary about covid killing T-cells. now I really don't want to get it.

      Delete
  4. I didn't realize that about covid 19, so thank you for that info.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! 91º! That seems crazy for this time of year.

    Glad the shot hasn't fazed you. Let's be optimistic and assume it's working. :)

    Another thought on the window wells -- a little garden fencing around them? Or screening over them? Although presumably this rabbit will learn at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have rabbits all over the place here. I really enjoy seeing the new bunnies, like a baseball with fur. They move with lightening speed across the back yard. The ground beneath our patio slopes from a few inches on one side to more than 2 feet on the other. Those little fur balls fly up that 2 foot ledge like they had wings. I would have never thought they could do that.
    Cute little guy.
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  7. The rabbit is so cute. I would want to make it a pet!

    ReplyDelete