Saturday, February 18, 2023

Hiking and Riding Some More

Well hell.  Jimmy Carter, 39th President of the United States, and all around good actual Christian man, has decided to enter hospice care after a series of short hospitalizations.  He wants to spend his remaining time at home with people who love him, rather than the hospital.  I don't blame him one bit, I just hate to see him go.

Yesterday there was a mass shooting in Mississippi, six people, including the shooter's ex-wife died.  Today nine children were shot outside a gas station in Georgia, they're all still alive in the hospital.  Just another two days in the US.

There has been a hike at Dove Mountain, and javelinas out back.  The polar vortex is on its way to Spokane, so despite the fact that the weather here has not been great, it's still better than the coming highs in the 20s.  I will attempt not to complain about how steenking windy it's been.

Here we are at Dove Mountain, on the Lower Javelina trail.



This is the stair master section of the trail.



Yesterday we were coming back from some where and the javelinas were out.  They smell so bad!  The entire length of the sidewalk was perfumed with their scent.  Perfumed being said with sarcasm.  Anyway, are they not lovely?  The male is nuzzling what I believe to be a female.  Fun fact: a family unit of javelinas is called a squadron.  There is a good wikipedia on why they smell so bad which you can read here.


Here maybe is a video if it will upload.  Success! 


We had been at Safeway when we saw the smelly javelinas.  This is what we saw at Safeway.  Check out the egg prices - still.



Those shoes make my feet hurt just looking at them.  Admittedly, the platform mitigates the heel height, but still....


That's it!  That's all I've got.


8 comments:

  1. I guess she wants to grow. Sadly, cake is not an "up" food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still weird that for months, eggs have been $2.99/dozen at my local Albertsons. I don't understand how they're so cheap there. Due to the Supreme Court's decision, the mass shootings are going to get worse and worse. Wish I could move out of country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Margaret- this country is well broken, over the edge entirely.
    The desert is beautiful and your photos are sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was sad to hear the news of Jimmy Carter's decision - one hopes he has a little more time with his family and his passing is peaceful.
    I had read somewhere there had been over 70 mass shootings in the USA in the first six weeks of the year. That is horrific and sad, and disgusting in equal measure. We have gun nuts here in Canada too that are pushing for more relaxed gun laws. Thus far, our federal government have done the opposite, though I suspect of our Conservatives (Repub lite) are elected, that will change.
    The stair master in the desert looks far beyond my capabilities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No one lives forever but Jimmy Carter gave it a shot. I voted for him twice. He was too good to be in politics, did his best work after. I do not get shoes like that. I do not get women who wear shoes like that. and that sky is just intense. gorgeous. as for the guns, I don't get that either. we're supposed to be civilized but obviously not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Ellen's comment, that Jimmy Carter was too good to be in politics. At least he gave a good example to those after him...even if they don't follow ut

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those javelinas are cute, if stinky. Those shoes, there's a name for them, fuck me shoes.

    And Jimmy Carter, a good man who will be missed I'm sure. He had a good run and tried to make the world a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was sorry about Jimmy Carter too, but he certainly did so much good in the many years he spent on this earth. What a good man he is. I paid $5.40 for organic/free-range eggs at Aldi last week. The regular factory-farmed ones were $5.17, so why not get the better ones. The prices at your store are amazing!

    ReplyDelete