Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Early light, Handy Stuff and the Bird

This morning we were up just past oh:dark:thirty.  Cameron from A Good Handyman was arriving at 7:00.  He's a good guy; he does plumbing, sheet rock, and general stuff that non-handy people could do but would really rather not.  We had plumbing and garage shelves, and some miscellaneous stuff.

Her Majesty, the hummingbird, was off the nest because we were outside.  I did get new pictures of the eggs.  It's hard to tell, but the egg farthest away from the tree trunk looks like it's a different color than it was.  I have no idea what that means, if anything.


It truly was the golden hour for the light.




These are the new shelves in the garage.  They're eight feet long, and two feet deep.  They're supporting what's left of the Christmas collection, the very fake Christmas tree and some moving boxes.  Yes, I'm keeping empty boxes, if we ever move again they'll hold some big porcelain pieces and a couple of expensive lamps.  I'm keeping the Boise paper boxes until I need the space because they're just such nice boxes.  Now that I don't have a job, I can't go to the copier room and empty out a bunch of Xerox paper boxes and take them home.


 Nice tiny rocks from the yard.  I wonder if the turquoise color is from copper.


I liberated this from the Internet.  The California Superbloom is just stupendous after all the rain they had.


Today Jim was buzzed by Her Majesty.  He was out pulling weeds and she came by and hovered by his elbow, indicating that his time was up.

5 comments:

  1. I've seen those pictures of California unbelievably gorgeous. and your view beyond the wall ain't too shabby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden's looking good, and the uninterrupted view of the mountain is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hummingbird egg picture! The superbloom was so big in Southern California that they had to close it down. Too many people trampling the flowers, plus two people were bit by rattlesnakes. Why can't they just stay on the trails? Your garage is shaping up nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if HRH will find a new palace next year?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see what happens with those eggs. The superbloom is incredible, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete