Saturday, September 29, 2018

First Departure from Issaquah

A new life lesson for me, is don’t defer dental maintenance until just before one plans to leave the area.  Monday (9/24) I went in for a cleaning.  While Paula, the hygienist, was poking my teeth with the sharp stick, she found a soft area.  Turns out that a crown was failing, things were dire.  Fortunately they were able to get me in the next day AND they have the CAD package that lets them scan the teeth, mill the replacement, bake it in the oven and then install it in the same visit.  It’s pretty cool technology.  That’s my tooth on the screen.


IMG_3128

Wednesday, believing all was well in the dental department, we launched for Spokane.  This is Lake Kacheelus on I90 just out of Seattle.  It’s incredibly low.  We’re seeing way too many tree stumps that ought to be covered by water.

IMG_4151

We arrived in Spokane without incident, and were once again astonished at how narrow the roads are in the southern part of the city.

Wednesday night I tried flossing the back of my new crown and discovered I could not.  It’s catching on something.  This is bad.  We’re going to have to go back.

3 comments:

  1. Jim had the same thing happen with a crown. He was unable to get the floss through without breaking, but when he went back to the dentist and they used a different floss it went through so he didn't mwke any adjustments. After the first few days he hasn't had any more problems. Hope yours is that easy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pain to have to go back but I hope it's a quick and easy fix. You want narrow streets, come east. I'm ready for the wide open roads in the west.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ewwww, dental work! Lucky to have it done in one visit, but sorry you'll have to go back after all. It is always something!

    ReplyDelete