Monday, December 15, 2014

Baby it's Cold Outside

We're cold!  Yes, I know that where ever you are it's colder than here, but we're cold.  It did rain Saturday.  Sunday was too cold to ride, so we hiked.  It was a glorious (albeit cold) day.  We did both sides of Hidden Trail, so we were able to get a lot of up down up down.  It's really pretty out there, especially after a rain.


Today we rode out towards Anklam and then down Camino de Oeste.  We stopped at Christopher Columbus park for a nosh.  I love that ride, there is a long sweeping downhill that is just a hoot.


This is a fishing lake at Christopher Columbus park.  Notice the fisher guy on the left and the big white bird on the right.  Fisher dude had just walked briskly over to his pole right in front of the bird who just stood there looking at him.  Usually birds won't tolerate people.  He just stood there looking at the fisher guy.  We wondered if fisher guy had been feeding the big white bird bait, or tiny fish.


So it looks like we're going to be having a cold wet December.  After the perfection of last winter, I am feeling very aggrieved about this. 

2 comments:

  1. I do believe it is cool all over. We are much cooler here in San Diego after the rain came through and dropped the temps. Makes for nice hiking but not biking. I noticed that Florida is much cooler than usual, as well. Oh, well, at least it isn't snowing...yet:)

    Hope that bird got a little treat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're cold! It's even been on the chilly side (compared to the usual lows and highs I see on weather dot com) here in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico! We're talking some lows in the low 60s and highs in the 70s. I'm spoiled so this feels cool to me. ;-) Still, with sunshine, I can't imagine anwyhere else I'd rather be. Though I am missing my sweats, which are back in the US. They just wouldn't fit into my backpack. Hope it will warm up a bit for you and not SNOW, at least!

    ReplyDelete