Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 2.5 of the Plague

Good grief. Today it hit 72 degrees. Did I get to enjoy it? No. I have a cold. For the first time since I can remember, I have a snot slinging sore throated itchy eyed rhinovirus. It's unbelievable how bad I feel. Blowing the nose with a perforated ear drum is interesting, too much vigor and I can feel air rushing through it. Yes I know, too much information, but it is interesting in a gruesome sort of way.
Have you ever found yourself watching something so terrible, so awful, so unbelievably bad, that although you know you should look away, you're transfixed? It's like watching a basket of snakes. That would pretty much describe my afternoon on the couch watching TV. I was bouncing back and forth between Bridezillas and the Real Housewives of Atlanta. Would someone please explain to me why people are willing to be filmed while behaving so badly?
Next week we're having winter. Starting tomorrow, there's a big cool down with gusty winds and the possibility of rain. One day of rain would be ok, it would pack the sand down out at Fantasy Island.
So, that is my report from the Old Pueblo.

No comments:

Post a Comment