Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Life is Good!

Monday was cold and miserable. We took the truck in for service which was supposed to take 2 or 3 hours. We walked over to the Tucson Mall to walk around and wait. We saw this UPS lady hauling a huge number of boxes. It looked like a mule train, she had 3 trolleys loaded to the gills. So after 3 hours in the mall, we walked back over to the dealer and waited another 2 hours. It was a long day. The worst part was they had the waiting room TV tuned to Fox News and we had to listen to ranting talking heads. Eventually they finished, and we left. Last night we were able to have dinner with my step-Mom and her husband Clark. It was really good to see them, they looked marvelous after a few weeks in California. They're on their way back to the Florida house.



Today was better. It dawned ferociously bright, but with cold temps. We hiked out of the Genser trail head. These are my new hiking shoes. I think they make my feet look like potatoes. They're just like the old ones, except the old ones were cuter.


This is Jim talking to his friend Dave who lives in Seattle. We are at the top of the trail here, the traditional snacking place.


A fuzzy cholla.

I love the Sonoran desert. It's so beautiful out there. It's quiet.


This is my new hiking outfit. I have capri hiking pants. They're way more comfortable than long pants and they keep my knees warm. Yes, I know how they look with the potato shoes.


Behold the cholla pup. This thing managed to stick spines into my new hiking shoes, into the leather and the rubber soles. They are tenacious little buggers. Jim had to pry it off with his hiking pole.


This afternoon we bought a wonderful thing at Camping World. Our previous water pressure regulator only allowed 45 pounds. So, washing dishes or showering was done with a trickle of water. There was not enough pressure to sustain the sprayer in the kitchen sink. Today all of that changed, we bought a 50-55 pound regulator and now showers are vigorous, rinsing dishes is efficient and life is way better. I am a happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment