Friday, February 1, 2013

Hiking, Riding and a Dying PC

Jim continues his slow return to full health.  Wednesday we went out and walked out the Bowen trail for about 90 minutes.  It's a nice recuperative walk, fairly flat, with nice scenery.

 
Yesterday we rode with Don and Jamie, up the Santa Cruz trail and back via Mountain and the University.  It was the coldest that I have been a bicycle in years.  The weather forecast had indicated it would warm up, so we were dressing for the future; but it was a future that did not materialize.  Cold!  Really really cold!  We stopped at Starbucks for coffee and a nosh on the way home.  It ended up being 33 miles which was a good distance for the invalid.

 
We had a little bit of sunset.

 


After riding yesterday, we did five huge loads of laundry.  Guess who left kleenex in his pants pockets?  We spent this morning shaking off tissue bits from the darks we washed.  I think Jim is trying to get fired from doing laundry.  It's not working.

 
It appears that the touch pad on my laptop is dying.  It's very strange, it will move the cursor around when I'm not aiming at anything, but it's not working when I want to use scroll bars, slider bars or cropping photos.  It's unbelievably annoying.  Normally one could just go to the store and buy a new PC, but now with the advent of Windows 8, we can't do that.  I don't know if you've seen Windows 8, but I am not interested.  So, we're going to have to find a Windows 7 laptop online somewhere.  I think about all the stuff I subscribe to, and how many userids and passwords I don't recall and it just makes me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment