Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Historic Barrio

Thursday was a rest day. The Arivaca ride just about finished me off on Wednesday. I came home and fell asleep on the couch, twice. So today was not strenuous. We drove up 6th Avenue on the way to go walk around the Historic Barrio district, what's left of it. I love 6th Avenue, there are several old courtyard motels that are quaint and picturesque.



Then we walked through the Historic Barrio.







This is what's under the stucco.


Many of the houses have good sized courtyards with creative gates.


I love the doors and the use of color.





This is my favorite house.





I went to school at UofA for years. For some reason I felt that I needed to move almost every semester. I'm really glad we weren't on a quarter system. Anyway, this is one of my apartments, I think it was the first place I lived in. It was built in 1908. The heat did not work at all, and the swamp coolers only worked about every other day. Other than that, it was fine.

Not too much is happening here - hope you're all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment