Thursday, October 1, 2026

Spokane Planning, Ride and Rapists

Greetings Earthlings.  How are things in your part of the universe?  They're feeling pretty dire over here.  We're witnessing the end of the rule of law, good manners and common decency on a daily basis.  

Who likes boiled eggs?  I do, but the ones I make are slightly sulfurous and are a pain in the butt to peel.  So, no boiled eggs for us.  Costco has these.  They're wonderful.  No sulfur taste and they're peeled.  They're actually quite good.  They make a really good egg salad sandwich.   They're in the dairy cooler, so if you're a member, go there.


Monday we made a pot roast.  After getting it in the slow cooker we were sitting on the front porch and realized that the weather forecast was wrong, it was actually warm, and therefore we should go ride.  So we did.  It was a good day.  The geese are  migrating through.  There's always one that has to put his head down, make a threatening noise and bull doze his neighbors.  


There was a good sunset last night.|


The Spokane City Council just never disappoints.  They have a proposal out for discussion.  Spokane2046 wants to do things like put multi-family next to single family homes, with no requirement to provide parking.  Think about that.  Here is a photo from their web site showing a possible building, extending several blocks into a single family neighborhood.  This reminds me of apartments in the former East Germany.

Spokane did a wretched job of making this public.  I just learned about it today because people on Nextdoor have their hair on fire about it.  Comments are due tomorrow.  There are letters to the editor on the local paper asking why didn't this receive more coverage.  

I'm guessing that the 2046 is some sort of an implementation date, fortunately, we'll be dead by then.  Here is the web site for this disaster.

Would you not enjoy living here?


Now I would like to move off public planning, and on to not all men.  By now we all know that seven Cornell students gang raped a student who was immobilized by ketamine.  Two years have passed and the prosecutor has not looked in to it, did not care enough to do anything.  One fraternity member was asleep while it was happening, and when he woke up it made him angry enough to send her the entire group chat.  It included the rapists telling the frat house to come up for "free pussy."  Did any of them think to call the cops?  No.  Another fraternity member later texted "is the store still open?"  One of the rapists is the son of a former Prime Minister of South Korea.  Two were in the work force, but have been fired.  There should be jail time for this.

The question I always have, is why do any men feel that they have the right to do this.   


That's it, that's all I have to say.


 

 

1 comment:

  1. Those men who raped that woman at Cornell are disgusting, entitled excuses for humans. I hope their dicks rot and fall off.

    ReplyDelete