Fall is still good. I think in a few days the weather is going to turn, and then we'll be back on the spin bikes. Nothing is as good as riding outside, because the hills force you to work, but the spin bike does slow the process of de-conditioning. A little.
We've had turkeys.
I have never lived any place where people love Halloween as much as Spokane. This guy always has a big display, which he has enlarged this year. I look at this and all I can think of is storage issue.
The big yellow tree.
We rode today. It was chilly starting out. There is a downhill, followed by a section along the river, in the shade, and it is chilly. My ears were cold.
Here we have housing perfection on the lake. I don't know why the focus is so bad, it may be that my phone is aging out. Which would be bad.
47 appears to be declining. His gait is bad, his speech is slurred and he's more nuts than usual. This 30 days of non-stop campaigning may finish him off. His day sleeping in meetings appears to be increasing in frequency.
Other than this, I have nothing important to say. Soon, we will start packing, which I do not enjoy. However, it will be good to be back in the desert.




My freind from Arizona and I were talking today about the monster el nino and the floods in
ReplyDeleteArizona , the rain and the land slides down yonder. That hasn't happened since the early 50's I guess. I hope that the prediction is a lie...I can not imagine the desert under water. Wishing you ease in packing this time- It's a marathon! I am always amazed that you two can still do that sort of travel.
Go here, there are photos of epic flooding before water control was put in.
Deletehttps://retiredbicycle.blogspot.com/2021/07/landslides-in-ye-olde-pueblo.html
I look at that display and think..All that plastic!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm with GZ, all I can see is plastic. Put out real bones and real cadavers:) Start with he shall not be named.
ReplyDeleteThat yellow tree is so pretty. I really don't care for the ballon type decorations regardless of the holiday. Around here they lay flat during the day when people are out and about and inflated at night when no one sees them.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter has caught the Halloween bug, and we have a small display in the front yard. I'm hoping she doesn't go much further with it but we're hearing (on the security cameras) oohs and aahs from the children walking by. As a couple of commenters have said, it's mostly plastic.
ReplyDeleteThere is definitely a notable decline in IQ45's faculties, and he is now saying all of the quiet part out loud.
That yellow tree is beautiful. Is it a ginkgo?
ReplyDeleteI don't understand the fervor over Halloween either. When I was a kid we carved a pumpkin, went trick-or-treating and that was about it. All this house decoration is a relatively new phenomenon!
I don't think so, we have one next door and it looks different.
DeleteNobody on my street decorates for Halloween and that's fine by me.
ReplyDeleteA nicely carved pumpkin with a candle inside providing a spooky glow is my favorite decoration.
Our mornings are cool and the afternoon warms nicely. Fall is lovely.
Susan