Sunday, October 23, 2022

How to Fold a Deep Pocketed Queen Sized Fitted Sheet

Awhile ago, I achieved fitted sheet folding nirvana.  Then I forgot how I did it.  Today I took pictures of unfolding the sheet that I recently relearned how to fold.  I realize this is a totally ridiculous post, but if I don't write it down, I don't remember.

Fold the sheet in half horizontally.  Don't fold it long ways, fold it 90 degrees to long ways, what ever that word is. Jim's hand is on the right, showing us the arrow that points toward the bottom of the sheet because these sheets have no pattern.

Fold the outside edges together.  This picture looks like a blancmange because the camera couldn't focus on anything due to lack of contrast and the terrible lighting.  The corners of the sheet are now on the left.

Fold the top third of the sheet down.


Fold the bottom third up.

Fold one third of the above configuration towards the middle.


Now we are done, with a fitted sheet that is not a humiliating mess in the closet.


This is best done on a large flat surface, like the bed.  I think Martha Stewart would approve.

For those of you who made it this far, here is an ancient quilt someone on Jim's side of the family made.  It's hand pieced and hand quilted.  Some of the fabric is thread bare, and some of the quilting is coming out.  However, it's a quilt, it was made to be used, so here it is.

This concludes today's aide de memoir.

5 comments:

  1. I learned to fold a fitted sheet from Martha Stewart years ago and still do it the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is exquisite. You cannot apologize for a threadbare old quilt that's lived its second life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put each corner inside the next..that looks a better method.

    Oh, that beautiful quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since no one looks in the linen closet but me I don't care how messy the folded sheets look. I have several old quilts that my great aunt made, same condition, threadbare and stuffing coming out but we use them anyway.

    ReplyDelete