Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Cognitive Dissonance

There is not much to report, I write so you all won't forget me.  A review of the photos on the phone reveals that I have taken virtually no pictures as of late.  I do have these to share.

There are deer in the neighborhood.  We never see the babies, but occasionally we see bigger ones.  These two appear to be the same age, twins perhaps.  they don't stay out in the open for long, they go back into the woods.


There has been walking up the big hill.  Along the path, I saw this, a flower we used to see in Tucson.  According to Google Lens, it's a Splendid mariposa lily.

The big rock was looking moody that day, with good reason.  A depression went through the previous night and we woke up to very cool weather.  So there was walking instead of riding.

Yesterday there was riding.  It had warmed up quite a bit.  It's supposed to get warmer, there are a couple of days in the forecast showing 100F, which I would prefer not to happen.  The grass is looking scabrous.  This neighborhood is built on bedrock and the prevailing theory about why some yards look so bad is because there is not enough dirt and their little roots are baking. 

Anyway, this is a weird looking boat we saw at the boat ramp.  It appears that either the boat or the truck were painted in a matching color.


 Someone has superimposed "Starry Night" upon the Webb telescope image.  It's pretty cool.

Missouri has passed an anti-abortion law based on their belief that "a fetus is “a separate, unique, living human being” and that the “life of each human being begins at conception.”'  More recently they have passed a law saying that a person who is pregnant can not get a divorce until the pregnancy is over because "Missouri divorce law “does not see fetuses as humans.You can’t have a court order that dictates visitation and child support for a child that doesn’t exist,”"  Apparently they can hold two conflicting ideas in their tiny little brains.  You can read the article here.

Finally, much of what one reads on Twitter is complete and total bull shit.  I don't know if this is true or not, but it might be.


So that's it - that's all I have to say.

6 comments:

  1. The monkeypox tweet sounds alarmist to me, particularly for people who aren't in the few major cities where monkeypox is a problem. That mariposa lily is pretty. Interesting that it has such a wide range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last tweet is frightening. I've no idea if it is true or not but I'll keep that in mind.
    Enjoy your riding, and hopefully that 100F weather doesn't occur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am stunned at the MO law that you cannot terminate a marriage until the pregnancy is over. It grows crazier and crazier there in the heartland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "their tiny little brains" sums things up very nicely in my opinion. Love seeing the deer in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems I've read conflicting info on how monkey pox infects you. Only sexually or by contact. Don't know which is true. I guess it's a good thing I don't need any clothes right now since I don't buy clothes without trying them on but I do always wash them before wearing them, mostly to get the sizing out of them that is/used to be irritating to my skin.

    As for MO, a woman may not be able to get a divorce while pregnant but she sure doesn't have to stay in the marriage. I wonder what the migration patterns of single women will look like in the next couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are two beautiful bucks! I saw two of very similar age, judging from the antlers, on my bike ride this morning. They crossed a very deserted road some ways ahead of me. An awesome sight indeed.

    ReplyDelete