Tuesday, May 3, 2022

The Wretched Leaked Decision

I have hatred, flaming in my heart with the heat of a thousand suns.  Three Supreme Court nominees recently lied under oath that Roe was settled law, it was precedent.  Now it's not.  Truly, I hate these people.  It's only the start.  They'll come after Griswold next, they'll go for same sex relationships, birth control, inter racial marriage (and how would you define that these days?) and anything else that offends them.  Will condoms be taken off the shelves?  Will hysterectomies be banned?  How about the decomposing remains of an incomplete miscarriage?  Must a women go septic carrying around a doomed pregnancy?  What about IVF which creates more clumps of cells than are implanted?  Don't even get me started on this utter crap about how ectopic clumps of cells being removed from the fallopian tube and placed ever so gently in the woman's uterus will result in a viable pregnancy.  I could go on, but I'm grinding my teeth too much.

From the twitterverse we read the following.








 

If this doesn't get people out to vote blue, I do not know what will.



12 comments:

  1. It makes me literally sick. With anger. With dread. With sadness. It's back to the '50s we go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old men want to control us pesky women! Trump leads the attack. Hate that man and all his cronies. The fact that he has gotten away with so much has made the old farts bolder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely Sotomayor and Kagan responses will put this irrational decision in context.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the burning anger. It's bad enough that anti-abortion lawmakers and activists think they have legal jurisdiction over all women's bodies and personal lives and future goals -- but yeah, it's also scary as hell what this could lead to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Frightening to watch, even from afar. One hopes this leak will cause SCOTUS to reflect on this decision.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you are right about the voting part. Maybe it will wake up some of the young people who don't vote. Actions of the court have always lead to broader rights for people. This would be the first time an established right was taken away. That is frightening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am worried for what we have achieved and the vast amount left to do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If they succeed in going after all those other gained rights and freedoms I imagine there will be a big migration out of those red states by those who can. Unfortunately there will be many who can't and they will be prisoners of repression.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are moving backwards in time. And, not to a gentler place, a place where women cannot make an educated decision about their own bodies. What / who's next. I worry for my granddaughters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course those justices lied under oath. They should all be impeached. And Clarence Thomas too. And now they're trying to track down the leaker when they did nothing at all about the wife of a Supreme Court justice trying to overthrow the government. All these men really want to do is keep women in a disempowered state, keep everyone in a disempowered state except straight white men of means. We have no choice but to fight back. As Linda Sarsour once said, when we all join together, all the disenfranchised groups, we far outnumber the ones who are trying to keep their heels on our necks. Sometimes, though, I just feel worn out by outrage.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I find all this astonishing - as if you are back in a different century; a different world to the one I live in. I guess each country has its equivalents, but still... And it shows the underlying tensions of progress and the fear and uncertainty it creates in some. I often wonder if we still be riven in this way in say 50 years time - sadly, I suspect we will.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The systematic dismantling of progress and hard fought for Rights is alarming and more than a bit terrifying.

    ReplyDelete