Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Spring, Maybe

Yesterday was a first for 2022.  We did not have to wear jeans and boots to go out.  We're back in Columbia nylon pants and Hoka One Ones.  Soooo much more comfortable.

Soon it will be time to migrate back to the upstairs shower.  This house is weird.  There is a basement, the majority of which is below grade.  All winter it was warm down there, because we had the heat on.  Now the furnace is not running and it's freezing down there.  It's great for working out, not so much for the shower.  I'm not sure where bread dough is going to be rising.  It may be time for the heating pad to help it along.  

Who knows what these are?  I'm guessing tulips, but my plant knowledge is miniscule.

It appears that the second boosters have been approved.  We've been debating on now vs. later.  Now, and protection will wane sooner.  Later, they might run out due to the wretched republicans pulling funding for Covid.  As of this second, we're thinking sooner, rather than later because of this.


Cases are currently increasing in New York and New England.  It's difficult to know exact numbers due to home testing and no reporting.  Waste water sampling is one of the best measures at the moment.

So, that's what I've got.  Spring and more Covid.



8 comments:

  1. plant might be allium. Or maybe a lily (?) pollen is confusing me right now- pretty sure I am going to die of covid any moment but it is just pollen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The leaves look like tulip ones but I don't see any flower stems. I will go with sooner for my second booster. I am so tired of the news lately. And of Covid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like tulips to me, though the leaves look broader than most tulips I've seen.

    We haven't yet been offered booster, but I'll definitely get mine when I can. I expect I'll be doing it annually for some time yet. Our province has all but quit reporting. We get numbers on Thursday that are a week behind. Like you, I keep an eye on the wastewater numbers and at this moment they are declining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think sooner is the best bet for another booster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm also guessing those are tulips. As for Covid it's hard to know the best approach. I think it's just a fact of life at this point, to be avoided as best as possible through common sense infection control techniques. (And vaccines and boosters, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're debating when to get the new booster, too. Sooner I suppose. We are four months out from the last, so maybe in another month or so? Hard to know the right course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would get the booster sooner rather than later. Immunity seems to last awhile, although there are so many differing opinions as to how long. A sixth wave seems to be heading our way. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We live in a small community so I don't feel the pressure for the second booster as I would if I lived in the city. I suppose we will get it. I'll have to check my card and see when we got the previous one. Spring finally came and stayed here.

    ReplyDelete